[geocentrism] casting stones.

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:08:03 +1000

I was not going to reply to Jacks post as it bore no importance, except for
this, which I must object to.
"Given the choice Mike who would you most trust in
times of personal anguish, one who eschews Christian morality or an atheist who
has no morality."

What you said, was,
"Given the choice Mike who would you most trust in
times of personal anguish, one who shuns Christian morality or an atheist who
has no morality."

eschewing Christianity is to avoid or shun it! But we got what you meant.

Main Entry: es·chew
Pronunciation: e-'shü, i-; es-'chü, is-; also e-'skyü
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French eschiuver, of Germanic origin;
akin to Old High German sciuhen to frighten off -- more at SHY
Date: 14th century
: to avoid habitually especially on moral or practical grounds :

Some of the most moral people I know, were/are athiests. living/lived lives of
perfect morality.   Some of the worst sinners have been Christians. All
Christians are sinners, and I challenge any true Christian to deny it. "Let him
who is without sin cast the first stone"

I thought this list was to stay neutral in tone?