[geocentrism] Tides - Revisited

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 08:00:35 -0800

All,

It is widely accepted, although not by me, that the Moon causes the tides. It is also widely accepted, although not by me, that there exists a zero-gravity point situated somewhere between the World and Moon.

My question is this: If the ocean were situated at the zero-gravity point, then there would be no tide. Closer to the World the pull of the World is stronger. Closer to the Moon the pull of the Moon is stronger. The net effect this side of the zero-gravity point is always a positive pull by the World. Since this is equivalent to a force of gravity that produces a stronger pull as we take the oceans further this side of the zero-gravity point, then how does the Moon produce the tides?

Neville.

Listen & Record Music from Internet Radio - Get Free Radio & MP3 Player & Recorder
Learn more at www.inbox.com/radio