[geocentrism] Re: "The Lesser Light to rule over the night..."

  • From: "Gary Shelton" <garylshelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:46:16 -0600

Amnon,
This is an angle I never thought about before.  Thank you for sharing it.  I
had thought the only Biblical support for Tycho was Joshua 10:13.  But this is
a definitely more fleshed out argument you showed us.

The only question I have is, and I say this admitting I have much to learn
about astronomical issues, what difference does it make to the motion of, say,
Alpha Centauri whether its orbit is defined about the earth or the slightly
bigger center of the sun's orbit about the earth (in the Tycho system)?  It
doesn't seem like much of a difference.  Does accepting the Tycho system do
away with epicycles or something?

How does the Tycho system fit the facts better, in your opinion?

Thanks
Gary Shelton
GaryLShelton@xxxxxxxxxxx

-- Type: text/plain