[geocentrism] Step 2 - Acentric cosmology

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:00:51 +0000 (GMT)

1. IN BIBLICAL COSMOLOGY, THE WORLD DOES NOT ROTATE.

Dear All,

I have placed the statement above in my signature box, which will probably be
added to each message that I post from now on. As we reach agreement
(hopefully) on other issues, then I will add them in.

Having laid the foundation stone with what the Bible instructs us, it is time
we considered what the Earth tells us. That is, what every science book and
television programme is currently saying.

Acentric cosmology is the idea that any point can be taken, WITH EQUAL
JUSTIFICATION, as being the centre of the universe. This takes away from the
World any special place it might otherwise be seen to have.

Take a look at Steven?s two screenshots, labelled World Centred and Mars
Centred, on the ?Flower Pattern Discovery? page of our website. Steven plotted
these using our ?Geocentric Universe 2.1? model (Version 2.2 corrected a couple
of mistakes with 2.1, regarding the motion of Venus and Mercury, but is
otherwise the same). The maths used to produce the first image was not altered
in any way to produce the second. USING THE EXACT SAME SET OF EQUATIONS, WHAT
WE OBSERVE WHEN STOOD ON THE WORLD DOES NOT CORRESPOND WITH WHAT SOMEONE ON
MARS WOULD OBSERVE. The symmetry of the first trace would support the
contention that the World is at the centre of the universe. The lack of
symmetry in the second trace would tend to strongly deny that Mars is at the
centre of the universe.

From those screenshots, there is not an equal justification for taking both the
World and Mars as being at the centre of the cosmos. One of them (the World)
looks as though it is, whereas the other (Mars) looks as though it is not.

Furthermore, acentrism is a logically inconsistent (and thereby false) premise,
since it requires any object in the universe to be simultaneously moving and
not moving. Moving if that object is not at the centre and non-moving if it is.

There are thus two questions that we need to address:

1. DO YOU ACCEPT THAT A STRICTLY ACENTRIC COSMOLOGY MUST BE WRONG?

2. DO YOU ACCEPT THAT BOTH HELIOCENTRIC (SUN-CENTRED) and GEOCENTRIC
(WORLD-CENTRED) COSMOLOGIES ARE BOTH SPECIFIC MANIFESTATIONS OF THE RULING
ACENTRIC COSMOLOGY?

Please react with the same thought and consideration that you all put into
establishing point number 1 above (and below). I am particularly interested in
your conclusion to number 2 (and not too bothered if you don't quite see number
1 yet).

1. IN BIBLICAL COSMOLOGY, THE WORLD DOES NOT ROTATE.

Website   www.midclyth.supanet.com