[geocentrism] Scripture and comprehension.

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 09:29:48 +1000

Philip has stated the point well regarding Bible interpretation, so I don't see
a reason to add to that . His position is the same as any atheist or liberal
christian. That the bible is too contradictory. The atheist uses that to say it
isn't true. The Liberal uses it to excuse whatever he already wants to believe.

And the Catholic uses it to support his argument for the need of competent
authority to explain it to him. We can assume this was given to those whom He
sent, as He was sent, Their names here.

13  And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where

abode Peter and John, James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and

Matthew, James of Alpheus and Simon Zelotes and Jude the brother of James.

Can we with certainty say that those apostles had no authority to teach,
received not the Paraclete, simply because they had no access to or any input
to Holy Scripture?

Does not what Philip say here have any importance:

30  And Philip running thither, heard him reading the prophet Isaias. And he
said:

Thinkest thou that thou understandest what thou readest?

  31  Who said: And how can I, unless some man shew me? And he desired

Philip that he would come up and sit with him.