[geocentrism] Re: Scripture!

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 05:47:35 -0800

 -----Original Message-----
From: jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:05:24 +0100

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 1:06 AM
Subject: [geocentrism] Scripture!

Well sometimes a coincident piece of mail arrives that fits in with our discussion..

Dear Neville,
Although I do not share Philip's R.C. belief, I too felt gratified, after our Trinity exchanges last night, to go to bed and read the following in the book that I am currently reading.

'A text taken out of context is a pretext. (Taken by itself, Christ's reference to the Father being 'greater' than Himself (John 14:28) could possibly mean that Christ was not God. It should not be taken by itself but interpreted in harmony with hundreds of other passages).

Jack, Can you not see that the author of the book is a Trinitarian and that, as such, they have made exactly the same erroneous claim that you have to basically ignore anything which blatantly contradicts their long-held belief?

The difference between us is that you hold that ALL scripture is inspired of God, and you are thus unable to comprehend why so much of it is both contradictory and seemingly Devil glorifying. You must remember that I used to think that way, yet I supported my Unitarian stance in a similar, though opposite, manner inasmuch as I listed the Unitarian scriptures and then worked on "explaining" the ones which had a Trinitarian slant. Can you not see the confusion that has been quite deliberately sown into the pages of that black book that you hold so dear? You might "agree" with the Catholics on this forum over the idea of the trinity, but rest assurred that you could argue with each other from here to doomsday about loads of other things written in the black book. Ask yourself this: WHERE IS ALL OF THIS CONFUSION AND CONTENTION COMING FROM? Do you really believe that God wants us arguing, or being confused? If not, then it is only a very small step to realize who it is that does want this.

This is either a huge coincidence, you work out the chances, of that happening so soon after our exchange, or God smiling on me.

There is another possibility.

Neville.

I'm still waiting for your promised response to my 'pork' question!

Regards