[geocentrism] Now back to geostats

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:27:09 +1000

In light of what I said re inertia, here is a speculative model for the
geostationary satellite.  What do you think would happen to the thing.   Would
it be a good simulation?
Let's have a 12inch record turntable turning at 78 rpm clockwise. This is the
plenum. The spindle shaft is stationary.

Next take an arm out from the spindle to a position 6 inches out with a motor
driven wheel on the end resting on the turntable. It will be driven up to speed
clockwise in the opposite direction to the turntables motion, so that it equals
the peripheral speed at that point.

It will of course be stationary with respect to the spindle. and to us the
observers.  It will be a geostationary satellite.

The question is. Will there be any centripetal force by the wheel on the arm
attaching it to the spindle?

I'm laughing, because I don't really know. I think it would still want to fly
out into space if it was released.

And thus I do vindicate Roberts inertia position, which I failed to see
originally, using a washing machine analogy. Sorry Robert. You did say I'd see
it eventually if I thought hard enough.

If you all concur, then I will next apply this to catching the moon.

and landing on it.

No offence Neville,