[geocentrism] Re: Negative parallaxes

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 08:08:33 +1000

May I just ask what are pertinent to me a  couple of questions re doppler
shift.

To be able to evaluate anything from doppler shift three things need to be
known with certainty.

1.    The original stationary frequency of the EMR source.

2.    The actual direction and motion of the source

3.    The actual direction and motion of the observer.

I cannot understand how any person on earth can establish what the original
frequency spectrum of the far away star is, given that they do not know if what
is being observed is moving or static relative to us the observer let alone the
direction of this movement.

Add to this the presumed motions of our observation post, the earth, which may
or may not be true.

How certain can we be of the accuracy of classifications given to stars, based
upon measurements of of our own sun, given the uncertainty of the three basic
requirements shown above, and considering also that stars as does our sun vary
over time.

Even with the help of observed binary star systems the doppler shift proves
there is a rotation, but it can only provide an average of the frequency
spectrum which is not the true frequency, unless the system was static relative
to our own star, which of course is impossible to know.

Of what use is doppler shift in cosmology ? Isn't  it just  another case of
assumptions, like big brother Bang?