[geocentrism] My church

  • From: "Jack Lewis" <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:42:45 -0000

Dear Cheryl,
Some of the people think I'm a loony.
Here's what happened. One Sunday evening one of our church elders asked the
question, "Do you really believe what the Bible says?" and went on to talk
generally and mentioned creationism. During the open 'sharing time I thought
this would be a good opportunity to mention geocentrism. I was hauled over
the coals by particular chap who thought I was nuts. The following week I
shared something that Neville told me and had his permission to do so. I was
told by our lead elder that he thought I abused the spirit of the open
sharing time. Although he accepted that I was probably correct about
geocentrism, the church was not the place to air personal beliefs of this
nature and in future, if I wanted to share anything, he would like me to
just clear it with him before hand. Needless to say I have decided not to
bother anymore.