[geocentrism] Re: Geosynchronous Satellites

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:16:40 +0100 (BST)

 --- Philip <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Neville I hope it is a good sign that we can reduce
> this debate to one
> simple question. I noted that at times we were at
> cross purposes. I want to
> keep it to one simple point at a time. Hence to this
> point,
> when I said, the
> > 18inch dish , because of its
> > size has to look at a much smaller part of the
> sky.
> > The receiving element
> > with its amplifier is placed above the dish at the
> > focal point of all
> > parallel rays that reach the surface of the dish.
>
> Neville said.
> No. This is not true. Such a receiver does not
> produce
> some sort of focussed beam, as a parabolic mirror
> does.
>
> Neville sorry but you are wrong. Please check the
> following out.....I append
> here information in support of what I said, that it
> is indeed analogous to
> the mirror.

Dear Philip,

I agree that we should keep this to one point at a
time.

Since a mobile phone is a receiver and transmitter of
microwave radiation, from and to a mast that we often
don't even see, then why do we not need a small dish
on the top of our phone? And why do we not need to
point the aerial of the phone towards the mast? (It's
the same question really.)

Messenger - all new features - even more fun!  http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com