[geocentrism] Re: Fwd: Relativity

  • From: Mike <mboyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:15:02 +0100

Whether you believe relativity or not is beside the point.  The theory
is internally consistent and agrees with observation so their are no
paradoxes.

The "paradoxes" in relativity are not really paradoxes but are posed as
such, usually these days to test your understanding.  The paradoxical
nature is invariably brought about by the tacit (and incorrect)
assumption that an event that is simultaneous in one frame of reference
is simultaneous in another frame of reference.

There are several ways to reolve the twin paradox (all essentially the
same though) but it requires an understanding of the maths if you want
to be absolutely sure there is no paradox.  The simple answer is that
one of the twins turns around and thus feels accelaration while the
other doesn't.  This is where the symmetry (and supposed paradox) is broken.

Regards,
Mike.