[geocentrism] Chatter Re: acceleration calcs attachment

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 16:08:02 +0000 (GMT)

Philip M

Oh! Me! I knew that! Me! Me!

Well it isn't all that positive of course. I had always thought that a body would float at the centre of the Earth (or other body) but until the early '70s, I mistakenly believed that the body floating at the centre would -- must -- be a perfect sphere by virtue of gravitational attraction being defined by Gm1m2/d^2. If Gm1m2 was non zero and d was zero, then the attraction would be infinite. That was until someone wiser than I pointed out that the attraction of the matter above would be equal and opposite to the attraction of the matter below, that to the right equal and opposite to that to the left and the same for that in front and that behind.

But it did crystallise the 'zero gravity at the centre' concept, so it wasn't a complete loss.

Paul D