[GeoSTL] Re: www.geogamer.com

  • From: Paul Konopacki <konopapw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 21:35:25 -0500

Let me get this straight - I write an ID and some other piece of
frivilous info on my $2 'coin' and use snail-mail to send the coin to
www.geogamer.com.   It not only counts as an official find at the web
site, but I earn enough points after a year of caching to order a
toaster.

I don't have to write in the logbook.  I don't have to write an e-log.
Because I and others pay for find-verification, it is less likely that
others will cheat with their find counts.  My find count will be special
because I paid for verification.

If I've found 100 caches registered with www.geocaching.com, do the
placers have to register those 100 on www.geogamer.com for me to claim
them there?  Do I have to find them again to get the new ID to have them
officially found?

Ok.  I'm done talking about the new site for a long, long time.  (but I
will be lurking!)