[GeoStL] Re: using a palm pda and cachemate

  • From: "Joseph M. Stortz" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:27:14 -0600

-
Glenn,

I have been using Cachemate on my Palm for about a year.   You need to
download GSAK (Geocaching Swiss army knife) for free.     You can import
and manage your waypoints with GSAK - you can load GPX files and filter
and organize in all sorts of ways.  Once you have filtered the waypoints
you want you can do an "export" directly to cachemate format.   You
create a file in the process and the next time you synchronize your Palm
with you computer you automatically upload that file to your Palm.  The
next time you open cachemate on you palm, it incorporates these new
waypoints.  You can add them to your general waypoints on cachemate or
set up a separate folder just for the new waypoints.

Hope this helps.

Joe
Gold Retriever

Subject field