[GeoStL] Re: oh dear/SP2/quirky

  • From: "tklnhl" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Geocache STL List" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 22:48:54 -0600

-
While we're on the subject, I have a sad story. SP2 and perhaps something
else has interfered with being able to watch Survivor Insider video.

I'm not to proud to throw out what's happening
on my laptop since doing the SP2.  I'm thisclose to forking out cash to have
someone fix this

I can no longer play archived video from CBS' Survivor
website -- can't begin to explain how distressing this is!  Also, many links
form message boards will not work -- especially if it's a link that gives
the board "Credit" for the click or a percentage of $$ from a sale.  Also on
disc.server boards the first time I click on a thread I'll get a "page not
found", but if I back up and do it again it works.   The one thing these all
have in common is that the error, or page not found has an adclick,
click.linksynergy or similar (income-generating?) address preceding the
intended page in the url.

I've spent much too much time trying to figure this out: "in" and :un"
stalled
adaware; spybot type programs; turned on and off the sp2 popupblocker;
uninstalled sp2, reinstalled sp2, virus protection on and off with all the
above; scoured the realplayer site; sent realplayer "help me" email -- feel
free to laugh here.  Fiddled with internet security options on IE;
downloaded and tried Fireofx and Netscape under all the options mentioned.
Googled until my fingers are calloused.  Haven't tried a Hijack this log and
post yet. Nothing works.

So far it hasn't interfered with geocaching -- but then again -- we haven't
done much geocaching in the last couple of months -- heck who has time when
they are trying to watch Survivor video.

No one has to respond -- it just feels better getting this out there since
there isn't a 12 step program for Survivor withdrawals.  the good news is
Survivor Live comes through loud and clear.

Nancy

Subject field