[GeoStL] Re: lone elk park

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 20:57:11 -0600

-
Mark,

I was told/heard/dreamed that side of the road was actually Castlewood state
park property but maintained by St. L. County parks because of the Meramec
river splitting the SP. I do know that a lot of the Chubb trail between Lone
Elk and W. Tyson is on Castlewood SP property but maintained by county parks
as is the Al Foster trail, running through Wildwood, County park property
and Castlewood, but all maintained by County Parks.

I know that doesn't really answer your question about where the county/state
property stops and the construction property starts, but I know the Park
Supv. from Lone elk (came from W. Tyson) so I'll stop in and see if he can
shed some light. I'm sure I'll get something like "I'm not really sure since
we don't do much maintenance on that side" but we'll see.

Rich