[GeoStL] Re: how to change my user name

  • From: "tnands" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 21:49:31 -0600

-
Would a Pocket Query of all caches found under the old name work?

 Open that in GSAK, change the account logged into gc.com and then log them
through the new name?

I've never run a cache found query so I'm not sure how that's done or what's
brought with it. Does it bring the logs with it?  But, if he created a  new
explanatory log "New log under new name to replace previous find under the
the name of  Mr.X" .. couldn't someone smarter than myself write  a gsak
macro or script that would insert that into the log section of  all of the
caches in the query and  then have it do a mass log to gc.com? Or at least
be able to carry the new "log" under a copy and paste into the log section
of gsak?   Even  if it's a matter of a few clicks for each cache log -- it
would be time consuming, but wouldn't it be doable?  Am I missing something
here? If this wouldn't work in gsak would it work in something else using
the Found PQ?

Other than housekeeping and having an inaccurate count of logs on a cache
page by "1" -- why would the old logs need to be deleted? And, of course,
all the dates would be current, but that should really only rile the
purists.

Nancy