[GeoStL] gps beacon?

  • From: Budlvr40@xxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 01:26:03 EST

Anybody who can help would be appreciated -Thanks in advance!!
01/29/03

  I have a friend who merchant marines  for monthes at a time to earn a
living. His passion is sailing his 35 footer from port to port for the
monthes he is not on the job. He is on his way from Cape Horn Af. to South
America presently.
  Question;  Is there such an animal as a gps beacon he could install on his
boat that would transmit a signal that could be kept track of by way of the
internet?
   Simple, inexpensive, and readily available would be wonderful, but I would
love to talk about all suggestions .
  thanks,
                  Bob Osterholt