[GeoStL] Re: [geocache] Re: Pre-sale of MOGA 2009 Geocoin

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 09:10:16 -0500

Steve Moran wants me to call him. Apparently there are several people
complaining that we didn't make enough and we didn't make them available to the
public until a week after the event. I think they are pissed off because they
didn't get one! I think he will want to convince me to mint more. The new
Director for MOGA has suggested some things that we might go with that if we
can do it. I will let him disclose the details when we have approval from
Hogwild. This will keep the coin unique and still allow more to purchase a
"common coin".

Mike

          From: Steve Bromley <bromley@xxxxxxx>
          To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Sunday, April 12, 2009, 8:09 PM

          I agree and personally, I don’t care if the coin goes for $50.00 on
EBay or if it goes for $15.00.  The people selling them are out to make money
for themselves and that money doesn’t benefit MOGA, and this money does
directly.  Personally, I’d have minted as many of them as we could have sold
and not limited them to 200.  But then again, that’s me.
          On 04/12/2009 7:52:49 PM, Laurie Elfrank (lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx)
wrote:
          > The reason Brawny Bear made the decision was because Hogwild knew
the 200
          > presale coins would sell very fast. They are giving MOGA $3.00 per
coin,
          > which means for MOGA2010, we will have an added $600.00. This will
allow
          > the new directors to do bigger and better things for next year.
Brawny