[GeoStL] Re: geoWoodstock..

  • From: "R. Sheffold" <rsheffold@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 19:32:53 -0500

Anyone take any pictures, display the SLAGA banner, get hurt or lost, etc?
--
Sent from my HTC Android phone. Please excuse my typos.

Sarah Coppersmith <mscopper@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I also attended GeoWoodstock IX and had a great time.  I went with my cousin
and his wife, my brother and his wife, my aunt and uncle. They came from NY, OK
and VA.  We spent 4 days camping,  caching, riding the GeoWoodstock express
train, and attending the event.  This was my first event like this and it was
great.  Saw other SLAGA folks and of course found a large number of caches of
all types in and around the event site.   Of course we ended up following other
cachers or they were following us.  Lots of fun.  And we are planning on
attending the GeoWoodstock X in Sellersburg, IN.

I thought they did a good job putting on the event.  But they could have made
registration a little easier.  Long waiting lines to get your registration
badge and packet.  Very rural area, no internet access, bummer.  Plus being at
the fairgrounds, the workshop and presentation areas were crowded with little
climate control for anyone sensitive to the heat.   The lunch was done very
well, no lines and lots of seating.

I look forward to the next Geowoodstock X.

Mark (Utapao72)