[GeoStL] Re: What's a Munzee?

  • From: Edward Turner <n0wnv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 22:13:20 -0500

-
I know the place you can hide the munzie cache with no android or that kind of phone service

On 6/13/2012 5:18 PM, Jason Collier wrote:
-
That's fantastic and evil at the same time.

Jason Collier
314-623-0263

On 6/13/2012 4:52 PM, Nathan Rover wrote:
You should hide a munzee/geocache that is an ammo can with about 200 munzee bar codes inside, only one of which is valid. (also hide is someplace with no cell service)

:-P

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Jason Collier <jcollier@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:jcollier@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    -
    Hm...

    Jason Collier
    314-623-0263 <tel:314-623-0263>

        Let the Munzee wars begin. Oh, wait, they already have.
        Jason, isn’t it about time for another freelist wars cache?
        From: susanmring@xxxxxxx <mailto:susanmring@xxxxxxx>
        Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 09:21:04 -0500
        To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        I've been following this discussion with some amusement.
        Is this like one of those debates about whether it's Missouree
        or Missourah?
        Susan (grinning, ducking and running)
        On Jun 13, 2012, at 1:22 AM, Mike Griffin wrote:

           Yes. Because geocachers are the most fit people I know. I
        love the
           parking lots and guardrails Geocaching had brought me to. Oh,
           occasionally there is a tree in the parking lot. I guess that
           counts as nature.
           Still a Geocachers, Munzeer, Orienteer and Hunter.

           Mike Griffin
           Delivery Manager
           State Farm Account
        314-308-0916 <tel:314-308-0916> Cell
           Sent from my iPhone

           On Jun 12, 2012, at 6:56 PM, Craig Ingram
<geoseaeye@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:geoseaeye@xxxxxxxxx>
<mailto:geoseaeye@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:geoseaeye@xxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:

               And he let out the part where the server crashes for
        days on
end every time the do anything special. That part makes for
               the most fun of all!! That is supposed to be fixed
now........had to throw that in so he wouldn't have to put
               down the xbox controller and the hamburger to reply!!!
               On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Mr. EX-President
<mogamoga2010@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mogamoga2010@xxxxxxxxxxx>
<mailto:mogamoga2010@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:mogamoga2010@xxxxxxxxxxx>>>

               wrote:

So now you have gone full circle. You sit in your easy chair, eat the hamburgers, play your games on your Xbox
                   360, and get fat, instead of getting outside,
        exercising,
                   and enjoying nature.  That's nice!

                   Still a geocacher

                   CC: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                   From: brawnybear@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:brawnybear@xxxxxxxxx> <mailto:brawnybear@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:brawnybear@xxxxxxxxx>>

                   Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 18:07:11 -0500
                   To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<mailto:geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

                   3. Now add free hamburgers and XBox 360s. You now
        have a
                   game that gives back!!

                   Mike Griffin
                   Delivery Manager
                   State Farm Account
        314-308-0916 <tel:314-308-0916> Cell
                   Sent from my iPhone

                   On Jun 12, 2012, at 5:43 PM, Glenn
<potbellystove@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:potbellystove@xxxxxxxxx>
<mailto:potbellystove@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:potbellystove@xxxxxxxxx>>>

                   wrote:

                       Just passing along the info....
                       Form a  Letterboxing Forums on Yahoo

                       What's a Munzee?

                       1) Take a Letterbox. Remove the artwork of a
        stamp and
                       the cleverness of clues, but leave an interesting
                       container and location. You now have a Geocache.

                       2) Take a Geocache. Remove the interesting
        container
                       and location, replace it with a barcode. You
        now have
                       a Munzee.

    Missouri Geocachers Forums --> http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php
    Missouri Geocachers Calendar --->

Cheers,

Nathan Rover

Connect with me:
<http://www.nathanrover.com> <http://www.facebook.com/nrover> <http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=2abec2fd-841b-4ff6-9cc2-88dd97c54e6f> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/nathanrover> <http://twitter.com/#%21/NathanRover>

Missouri Geocachers Calendar ---> http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php?app=calendar

Missouri Geocachers Calendar --->