[GeoStL] Re: Vacation in Georgia

  • From: M.Gasch <mgasch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:40:29 -0500

Check out the Tennessee River Walk in Chattanooga. There are quite a few caches along the walk. Some nice views of the river and we were quite surprised to see the development of the downtown area. The caches themselves are not particularly unusual (at least the ones we had time to find) but the whole area is full of art and museums, etc.
Artsy Fartsy (GCNNPQ) is near some outdoor sculpture
Coke & a Smile (GCMH7D) has a nice view of the river and a is a novel hide
If you search near those, you ought to find a lot more nearby.
There is a very easy cache at the rest stop at Whitehaven in Paducah. Whitehaven itself is interesting - get there before 3:30 if you want to tour the mansion.

Mary
On Jun 26, 2005, at 2:32 PM, Joe Taylor wrote:

I am just wondering if there are any caches worth getting along I-24 as I will be going down for a week to see my Mom (week of 4th of July).  I am not looking to get high numbers, but wondering if there is any caches worth mentioning like with an awesome view or natural area.

I will be passing through Paducah KY, Nashville TN, Chattanooga TN, and finally ending up in Cartersville GA (an hour north of Atlanta).

I will have my brother with me and he cant walk too far, because of a bad knee.  But any mention of good caches, let me know and I will check them out.

Thanks

Joe Taylor

IS IT FRIDAY YET?

Check out my NEW Web Page
Favorite GC - Stories and Adventures
UPDATED - JUNE 9,2005

Rockey the Flying Squirrell

 What is Geocaching (In case you are not in the Geocaching Mailing Groups)

http://mail.yahoo.com