[GeoStL] Red Bluff - Butch's Old Cache

  • From: "Jen" <justjen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 18:20:40 -0500

Does anybody know if this was removed?

We were out at Red Bluff today and the campground host, who happened to be a
boy scout troop leader, knew what caching was. (We had to explain why we were
there, when driving in we were asked if we were camping, etc.)

He told us that yesterday, the 3rd, a group of teenage boys who was on top of
Red Bluff throwing rocks off mentioned that they had found a metal box up there
with stuff in it.

The campground host was unaware that there was even a cache up on Red Bluff.

We didn't have the old coordinates so we didn't look for it.  It is unknown
whether the teenagers took off with the box or not.  This needs to removed if
it is still there.  We didn't think about it or we would have looked up the old
coordinates.

Red Bluff was awesome, great view!!

I plan on posting some of the pics on the cache site we took up there.

Jen
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.