[GeoStL] Re: Problems loading maps to 60cs

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 23:08:59 -0600

If you are not using the latest version of Mapsource, upgrade to it.  Older
versions of Mapsource required you to switch between USB and Com.  The error
messages you got are com port error messages.   The new version
automatically detects your GPS and that it is on USB.

Also turn off your computer and restart it.  You could also try another USB
port.  Does your computer make a sound when you plug in the GPS?  Any error
message?  Does a squiggly line show up on the top of the display when you
plug it in?

I do not know about EasyGPS, but some programs do not support USB.  You have
to buy a serial cable for them.  Street Atlas is an example.  If it does
support it, you may need to tell it to use USB.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

  _____