[GeoStL] Re: NGR---Emily update

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 08:28:38 -0500

dang, where did you go the 1st time??

glenn
On Aug 5, 2008, at 10:41 PM, tnsl wrote:

Wow .. nothing traumatic about having to have it all done all over again two weeks later now is there!!! Grrrrrrr Poor kid. I can't believe they didn't call in a plastic surgeon to begin with since they were dealing with a child with a wound on her face. How horrible and no x-rays?

One time when our Kyd was about 3 1/2 she did a face plant onto concrete off a few steps. We took her to the Sullivan, MO ER and eventually wound up leaving without being seen and just called the Children's Hospital emergency line. The first thing they said we should worry about would be breaking the bones above or below her eye and having injury to her eye. The phone nurse walked me through how to feel around the eye and check for something broken and strongly suggested we head right for Children's and have x-rays. Being the poor parents that we are, we didn't do that but when we took her to the pedi the next day two docs essentially did the same thing I was told to do and then decided to not do x-rays -- said had those bones been broken we would have definitely known it by then. Hmmmm now that I think about it ... maybe that's why they didn't do x-rays -- if they keep you waiting long enough and nothing falls out or off then you don't need to have it x-rayed.

Hope she did ok with the surgery and that this will be all that she needs.

As for the ER doc ..  Go get 'em .. that's your kid he messed with!!

Nancy
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 08:58:49 -0500
From: Bridget.Griffin@xxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

What happened to Emily???  Is she doing okay?

Bridget