[GeoStL] Re: NGR---Emily update

  • From: "Gale R. Nie" <showme69@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 22:06:29 -0500

Sorry to hear that. Glad to hear the surgery went well though. Sounds like when I was involved in a MVC years ago. My left clavicle was broken from the seatbelt and I had multiple lacerations to my left forearm and some minor cuts on my left knuckles. They xrayed down to my elbow. I kept having pain in my left wrist and three weeks later it was finally xrayed. The radius and ulna were both fractured at the distal ends. I finally got a cast put on at that point. Gotta love ER docs.

Gale

thejones crew wrote:
A couple of weeks ago Emily and Brad were on my Dad's Ranger (Large 4 wheeler). They were not supposed to be on it at all. They didn't have it running, but slipped it out of gear. As it was rolling a little, Brad pulled the emergency brake. Emily went forward and hit her head on the roll bar. She had a 1+ inch gash to her face...in the middle of her right eyebrow. We took her to the ER and 4 1/2 hours later the doctor saw her. The triage nuse, the ER nurse, and myself (also a nurse) had all decided "yes she needs stictches". The Dr. came in and said he was going to fix it with glue. I told him I wanted whatever we needed to do to minamize any scars. He insisted that glue was the way to go. He smeared some glue on and was done. I right away said it didn't look good at all....edges not together for starters. He siad that was how it was supposed to look. The nurse came in and I told her I didn't like it, she had the Dr. come in again. Told him I had looked closer at it, and I was NOT HAPPY with it, the edges are NOT together. He told me it was fine and "we could redo it, but I advise against retraumatizing her." I said fine and that I would take her to our primary doc the next day. I did take her and right away they agreed that it was a messed up job. They took X-rays (since the ER doc couldn't be bothered to check on that either), and set her up to see a plastic surgeon. Long story a little shorter....the plastic surgeon took a look at it and within 3 hours she was in surgery. It looks GREAT now! I am planning on going to see an attorney tomorrow.