[GeoStL] Re: (NGR) Digital Recorder

  • From: "dmcssi SBC" <dmcssi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:47:18 -0500

I used an Olympus WS-320M, with an homemade external microphone at MOGA and
the Spring Picnic.  Olympus now has three new, and better recorders, the
WS-331M and the DS-40 or DS-50.  These new recorders have identical and much
better audio frequency response specs and record at twice the bit rate than
the WS-320M.  They also have better mic sensitivity level adjustments.
They record in the WMA format, but it's easy to convert to WAV or MP3
format, and I haven't noticed any quality loss when converting to the WAV
format for editing.  I've been very pleased with the Olympus recorders.  Let
me know if you have questions, and I'll try to answer them.

CornCat
(Dwayne)