[GeoStL] Re: (NGR) Digital Recorder

  • From: "Ryan Welker" <ryan.welker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 17:43:08 -0500

I have been using an Olympus VN-3100PC and my old iRiver H10 MP3 player for
recording lectures. The feature that I like about both products is that I
can plug them into the computer and save the lectures as wav or mp3 files.
My iRiver doesn't have a microphone port but the Olympus does. I owned a
sony in the past, but had several problems with it. I have sent both the
olympus and iRiver through a washing machine a few times and the sauna at
the gym almost nightly without any issues.
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1272
Hope this helps. -ryan

On 5/14/07, Brad Wheeling <brad.wheeling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I know there are some tech savvy people on this list that might have a
good reccomendation. I am looking for a portable digital recorder that will
allow for an external mic. Thanks in advance.

Brad

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will
surprise you with their ingenuity.
    -George S. Patton (1885 - 1945)