[GeoStL] MoGeo.com domain is dead It's now http://www.MoCache.net/

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jack.konecker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 18:15:09 -0500

> Paul tried to get something going
> and did not get all that far either.

What I found out is who the domain registrar is.
I emailed their support staff, who directed me
to a form that Glenn would have to fill out and
send back, along with a picture ID and signature,
if he wanted to get the domain back under his
control.  I forwarded that info to Glenn.

Support did not say what it would cost to get
the domain back, but under their general guidelines,
once a domain expires, it goes into a 30-day grace
period where the $80 reinstatement fee comes into
play.  I do not know  whether or not the domain in
question is under 'special consideration' because
the previous web post of www.mogeo.com
1planhost.com) went out-of-business.  That is still
a mystery.

It's a mute point if Glenn wants to start out
fresh and use only the new domain name. Prior
to August 12, 2007, a link to www.mogeo.com
would redirect you to the current, active web site
of www.mocache.net. Now, you are taken to a generic
registrar 'park' web page.