[GeoStL] MoGeo.com domain is dead It's now http://www.MoCache.net/

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SLAGA <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ozark MTN Cachers <ozmtngeocachers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 17:13:53 -0500

-
It looks like the Mogeo.com domain name is dead. I have been having problems with the name provider for over a year now. I had already moved the website info to another domain just in case this would happen.

The Missouri Geocachers Assoc. info has been at http://www.mocache.net/ for quite some time awaiting the day that something would screw up. The Land use page and maybe the Geocacher Blogs (free for the asking) are about the most useful thing there at the moment. As with any other project, it takes helpers and content to make a site good. Geocaching stories, tales tips and hints can all be submitted and will be published if anyone has any neat stuff. I had Mogeo.com hosted at 1PlanHost. For 3 years they were good. Last year they were bought out then shut down stranding many hundreds of web customers and this last year has been a nightmare. I have been trying to renew my domain with 1plan host but could not get any support on renewal. Paul tried to get something going and did not get all that far either. The domain has now expired and is being "parked" by another reseller. I could get the domain name back for $80.00 plus the yearly fee. I do not intend to do that. The money that I have set aside for web stuff will pay for continuing the Mogeo forums which are at http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php . The http://www.mocache.net/ web site is being donated so there is no cost. (good thing)

I am not happy about any of this but we suspected this would happen. If anyone has links to the Missouri geocachers Association site at www.Mogeo.com, they are now broken and need to be changed to http://www.mocache.net/ I am sorry for all the hassles and broken links this is causing all over the net but thats just the way it is.

glenn