[GeoStL] Re: Missing Travel Bug

  • From: Glenn Nash <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 10:22:58 -0600

-
Bingo. Tossing a bug or a coin messes up the miles. Other than that, I don't know the problems. Could be with So many logs on one page the system bogs down too much. Although, we have had cache pages with several thousand logs on them and they seemed to be OK.

Groundspeak stopped listing graveyards some time ago. I tried to get a coin graveyard listed a few years back and that was shot down pretty quickly. There are still a few of these cache pages left but many have been archived and locked.

Sara Gomer wrote:
That's an option too, I don't particularly like it myself because if a bug is then found and starts moving again it's miles are inflated (unless you delete the logs that took it there). If it's marked as missing and then found it just continues from where it was before and nothing special needs to be done. Marking it as missing does not actually mean it's archived and can't be logged if found. But hey it's a game, everyone does what best suits them personally.