[GeoStL] Minneapolis TV station does a better geocaching cover story

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jack.konecker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 20:47:47 -0500

http://www.kare11.com/video/player.aspx?aid=51194

On-line video clip is 5 minutes long.  KARE TV in
Minneapolis did a cover story on geocaching.
I like it SOOOO much better than the job that
was done in St. Louis and broadcast on 7/15/07.

The videography and coverage of the hobby as
a social event was so much better than what KSDK
did.

Some of you may recognize Tony Gilbertson, except
that his head is shaved.  Tony is part of the geocaching
team of Gilby3.  He was on the 4-person team
 that won 2nd place at MOGA 2007.   I also happened
to recognize Sir Z_Man because I have met him and
he is a fellow geocaching podcaster  (http://www.tcgcpc.com).

The MNGCA forums talk about it.  Their forum thread starts here:
http://www.mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3188&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The sad part is the broadcast included a geocache hunt
under a small bridge - just a few days before the I-35
bridge collapsed.