[GeoStL] Re: MOGA 07 Caches / Hunting

  • From: Glenn Nash <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 15:34:21 -0600

-
There are about 60 caches hidden up at mark twain lake on Corps of Engineers land. They are having a special hunt on the mentioned dates and the land manager (Allan) asked us to disable the caches during the hunt. The caches can be reactivated after the hunt. This is done to protect the geocachers from the hunters. No sense getting shot while looking for an ammo box in the woods.

Glenn

Darren and Tera wrote:
-
I'm brand new to this.  can someone explain this to me?

On Nov 7, 2007 12:57 PM, Jack Anderson <pandyandy3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just went ahead and did my 7 now.  I am assuming that we are to take the
note back off after those dates?
By the way what ever happened to Allen taking over those caches like we were
told he was going to do?

Michael Griffin <mike.griffin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Those of you that still have MOGA 2007 caches, Allen requests that they be
temp diasabled and a note posted on the page for their annual Handicap hunt.
The hunt dates are
November 16, 17, and 18. I plan on making mine temp unavailable on Thursday
night (8th) so anyone running a PQ a week before before the dates. Will not
have them to hunt.
I used the following code…
FOR THE HANDICAP HUNT ON NOVEMBER 16, 17 and 18. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GO
INTO THE WOODS AND HUNT CACHES DURING THESE DATES.</h1></b>
Mike Griffin