[GeoStL] I updated updated my Free Garmin maps and added a GPX file for all the trails in MO/IL

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 00:31:58 -0600

-
http://webpages.charter.net/jbensman/Maps.htm

If you scroll toward the bottom there is a link for the IL Mo Trail GPX
file.  It will open in ExpertGPS, Google Earth, and most programs.  Those of
you without a Garmin, you probably can use it.  I know the Deloromes can
import it.  I've been messing with it in GoogleEarth and it is really neat.
The actual garmin maps have lots more in them than this file has.  It only
has the trails (about 7,000).  It is a pain to create so it will not be
updated as often as my Garmin mapsets.  But anyway, check it out in
GoogleEarth

The my topos has been updated.  Just a couple of minor edits on two maps.

The My Trails have been updated.  This is the more important one to
update-particularly if you are going to do the new Boschert Greenway caches
as I GPSed the new parts of the trail today.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"