[GeoStL] Re: Good bye

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 12:54:07 -0600

-
Eric, I am sure I speak for everyone that no one wants you to leave.. You
could have unsubbed before you read this but the fact is that you should not
get so offended by what others think.. I stay out of it now.. I post nothing
in rebuttle anymore and If someone posted a message about killing whales and
seals, I just won't reply. The forum is for SLAGA members to post whatever
as long as we keep it to a minimum. Those who don't want to read the posts
shouldn't, those who respond negative have that right. But when it turns
personal, it should be taken to private Email.

We are a caching group.. Not a religous organization, political action
party, the military or Greenpeace.. We do not care what happens around the
world in some obscure port with sickly children because of what the Military
did. I am sure there is an appropriate newsgroup for these items. We come
here to foster relationships with a single purpose, caching. If someone
makes a comment about putting a kidney stone in a cache or spraying
Greenpeace with fire hoses, it doesn't matter as much as personal attacks on
each other in the newsgroup. There is no room in the group for personal
attacks. We all know Jim is a tree hugger and he will be the first to tell
you this. He has a love for nature we might not ever understand. That
doesn't mean we should put down his beliefs or ideals for our amusement. Dru
is a hard core serviceman in the US Military. The greatest military in the
world but, capable of making mistakes. It doesn't mean we should tear down
everything our military has done for the freedom and the liberty we all
share today.

I am tired of seeing posts that tear at the core beliefs of those
individuals including those that Eric has expressed here in the newsgroup.
The problem you have Eric is not with SLAGA, but with Jim. So Jim has a
problem with Dru and Eric. Nancy hit Sally so now I must shoot the dog..
Non Geocache Related (NGR) should have something to do with the fostering of
relationships and technical advice, not political views and religious
beliefs. We are Geocachers, not activist. If there is a topic that involves
Geocaching and trhe Military or if Bush decides he wants to Geocache, then
by all means post something. Just don't post something negative about the
way someone feels. Tolerance with one another is the key to this groups
success. Without tolerence, we just become a bitch session. Taking your
marbles and going home is not the way we should approach things. If someone
offends you, communicate in private email. Don't blame a group for the
actions of a few. I have no problems with Jim, Dru or Eric. I know all 3 of
you, have cached with you, know Eric's whole family and Dru's sons. I have
cached with Jim.. I like all 3 of you but it seems that you guys do not get
along quite well. I have pissed people off in SLAGA. Trust me, when I first
met Glenn it was not a good thing.. Now, I am just as happy that I have met
everyone in SLAGA and had the opportunity to agree and disagree with them..

I enjoy the friendships I have made in SLAGA. I try to understand all people
and love them the same. We will never come together as a group of
individuals and all share the same belief. Our Country and the Men and Women
who have given their lives both in the military as well as in protest of
civil rights have made this country a place where we can have different
beliefs. I know what it's like to be hated for my beliefs.. Just keep it off
the newsgroup. Don't attack personally. Learn to tolerate and not hate. That
is what makes SLAGA a great place!

Welcome to the new folks.. Please do not concern yourselves over my
ramblings.. I just want Eric to stay..

Mike