[GeoStL] Re: Geeezzzz...

  • From: "xiTaqua" <xitaqua@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 19:08:59 -0600

-
Bernie,

You probably meant "GPS Group Cache" category, as I do not cache on my
own at this time. I will probably begin doing that after I hit 100, and
make new pins.

Talking about competition, it is time again for Toastmasters
International Competition, I have qualified for Area contest,
unfortunately I will not be doing a geocaching speech. All geocachers
are still welcomed to join us for fun and game !. Send me email if
interested attending....

I am not a "log" police, nobody nominated me to be a log police, but
here is a debate that I would like to bring to this cohesive
organization :
I feel if you do not have anything nice to say about a cache, send a
PRIVATE email to the owner instead of logging as a log.
Geo-caching is about bringing people together. We come from different
backgrounds with different views, but one thing that bring us together
is the joy of geo-caching and helping our fellow geo-cachers along this
wonderful journey.
If you want to "evaluate" a cache and feel compelled to "rate" a cache,
I recommend to follow a structured approach. Let people also know what
they are doing right.

1) Mention something nice about the cache.
2) Mention Something that could be improved, and HOW.
3) Mention another point of strength.

Ensure that if you feel the "cache" has weakness, that it is your
opinion. I really feel opinions should not be posted in "log"
Something like that :
[FACT]"The cache had a lot stuff inside including a DFG,ABC,HJK. I took
a ABC and left an XYZ".
[NEGATIVE OPINION/SUGGESTION]"In my opinion the cache is in a location
which does not have any visually redeeming value as it was near a
dumpster. I would suggest to move it away from it".
[POSITIVE OPINION]"This was a great urban cache as it was near my home".

Cheers !
xitaqua