[GeoStL] GPS The MOVIE

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:18:22 -0600

-
Got this from Hallie, one of the actress and producers, today...
We are planning to do a theatrical platform release of GPS this summer.
Platform means that it will be released into a handful of theatres that will be
very targeted, and increase the number of theatres as buzz builds (that's the
idea). Definitely a couple theatres in WA state, likely an OR theatre, a CA
theatre, and possibly some locations where we had a high concentration of GAME
players. I'll definitely let you know as more details are figured out. We are
laying the plan out now, and will probably focus the release in medium-sized
cities where targeted promotion will be effective - small enough city size that
there isn't a massive number of movies/media competing with us but big enough
that there is enough audience members/population to sustain screening the movie
for potentially several weeks, and then see if we want to expand the release or
trickle down to the next outlets - ppv, cable, dvd, etc.

So, actually a question for you...St. Charles, MO. That's where you are, right?
How big is that city and do you know how many theatres there are roughly? Do
you see a variety of movies being released in your city? I'll have to go back
to stats, but I know we had ALOT of players in PA and I think MO was one of our
other bigger states along with NJ and TX and a few others... Where we choose to
release GPS theatrically will depend on a few factors - we need theatres that
have the newer HD screening technology (which ALOT of theatres have acquired in
last few years), as well as cities where we have already generated interest and
can create a street team. Anyway, I'd be curious if you had any thoughts about
your own area. Thanks in advance!

Mike

Tired of Spam??
Here's your solution..
See: http://www.spamarrest.com/affl?4001050

"Guys, the red thingy is heading for the green thingy. I think the green thingy
is us."
   - Guy, from Galaxy Quest...