[GeoStL] Re: Fwd: Christmas present from Groundspeak

  • From: Gary Braman <Gary.Braman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 09:51:21 -0700

It will be interesting to see how valuable the rating system works out to be.
The people that like numbers get more votes since it appears that you only get
a vote every X number of finds.  I think that the people with huge number of
votes will give votes to the great caches but may also give them to not so
great caches just because they have votes to spare.  Interesting, interesting.

I do like the fact that it shows who likes the cache.  This will be an
interesting study in human behavior.  I can't wait to see this board light up
on this topic over the next couple of weeks (or not.)

I can hear it now.  "I can't believe that he/she gave his/her favorite points
to THAT cache.  MINE is so much better.  Hmmmphhhh..  He/She is an idiot."  LOL.

Good times.

Okra.

From: potbellystove@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Fwd: Christmas present from Groundspeak
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 09:51:49 -0600
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This was to stay private put someone else posted a preview of the new features
so here is the link.  Go live is today.

Begin forwarded message:

One of the reviewers posted some preview pictures of the planned Tuesday site
upgrade

http://firennice.squarespace.com/journal/2010/12/14/stats-maps-and-favorites.html

Looks pretty cool!

Glenn