[GeoStL] Re: Flames and Netiquette

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 08:17:14 -0600

- Oh the guidelines. I forgot all about them.  Located here, http://www.geostl.com/SLAGAAbout/Guidelines.html, they are full of handy tidbits.

I had the guidelines set up to automatically be sent out once a month as a reminder to all users but that never worked right. Maybe i should just manually send it from time to time?

The SLAGA newsgroup exists to serve the communication needs of the members of  SLAGA and other like minded folks interested in what is going on around with geocaching around STL area. We do however have members from all over the country.

Topics here are *mostly* geocaching and gps related. If this list were 100% techo-geekspeak gps/geocaching, it would be boring as all get out.  Since this is a very diverse group, there will be some Non-Geocaching Related (NGR) topics, chit chat,  a joke or two and even some interesting links to topics  that may be of interest to folks.

What this list is NOT, is a platform for personal agendas, moral judgements, politics, religion, abortion, slavery, blatantly obscene and derogatory language, disposal diapers and other similarly charged "un-winnable" discussions.   There are plenty of newsgroups on the internet to discuss such very important issues. This is NOT one of them and such heated discussions should not be entered into.

The moderators of this list will also not tolerate personal flames and attacks of the  members of this list. This should be a place where people can get away from such nonsense.

When such flaming occurs, the posters  may be placed on a "time delay" and their posts to the list will be reviewed before passing them along to the list. Obviously, if the posts that are being reviewed continue to be inflammatory, they will not be passed on to the list.   The offending posters (posters = people that are posting to the email list)  may also be unsubscribed from the list and their ISP's could be blocked from further postings to the list,  without notice and without warning,  to contain and control the problems.

This list runs very well with very little intervention. Using common sense and a sprinkling  nettequette, it will continue to do so.  If not, the moderators have full power and my support to take care of problems in whatever manner they decide. No one has an ax to grind here but I am far to busy and have no interesting in watching this email list melt down because of petty bickering.  Everyone here, even the youngest members, knows how to act. Right?

Ok, that should do it.

Glenn

At 08:17 AM 4/1/2004, Mike Griffin wrote:

From the guidelines...

If a fellow member is not following these guidelines, is not employing proper netiquette, or has otherwise posted something you find offensive or in bad taste, etc., please do not post complaints to the newsgroup or send complaints to the member. Please address any complaints or concerns to the administrator as described below.

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

Mike

Glenn **************************************************************************** Our WebPage! Http://WWW.GeoStL.com Mail List Info. //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=geocaching Mail List FAQ's: //www.freelists.org/help/questions.html **************************************************************************** To unsubscribe from this list: send an email to geocaching-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field