[GeoStL] Re: Congrats to NormV and Geo Jim on both finding number 200

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <migriff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:32:57 -0600

-
You do realize that neither one of them subscribe to this newsgroup..

Here is the link to send congrats to each one...

GeoJim - http://www.geocaching.com/email/default.aspx?aid=119633

NormV - http://www.geocaching.com/email/default.aspx?aid=89198

This makes my point.. 100's of people are seeing a congrats to people
who themselves will never see it. Now comes the me too's and we have
100's of emails going around congratulating someone who will never know
we congratulated them.

I_wear_square_pants was a good example. He broke 100, I posted the
congrats with the link to his email, he got many private emails and
decided to join the list because he couldn't figure out how we knew he
broke 100. All the me toos that were posted to him were only saw by us
and never seen by him. It's unnecessary when all we have to do is a
little research and post their GC Email links. Then it's just click and
type and hit send! It becomes more personal because you took the time to
personally congratulate them!

I would suggest we post the link to their private email through
Geocaching.com so that they get the congratulations they deserve!
Myotis came up with this idea, lets do it..

Mike Griffin
Sr. Network Analyst
NNCDS - NNCAS
636-795-1991