[GeoStL] Cliff Cave Flooding

  • From: Laurie Elfrank <lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Newsgroup, Geocaching" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 20:05:29 -0500

I went down to Cliff Cave to check the situation out to see how high it got in
the park. I was able to reach the "Railroad Memories" cache, which was intact,
but could go no further. From the looks of things, the water was about 2 feet
over the East side of the trail. There is still water over the West side of the
trail. There is about 2 to 3 inches of mud over the trail, which is why I
stopped where I did. It is going to take the parks dept. a long time to move
off that much dirt from over 4 miles of bike trail. So it looks like these
riverside caches are going to stay disabled for awhile.

L Frank (John)
The i’m Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world?
http://www.imtalkathon.com/?source=EML_WLH_Talkathon_ChangeWorld