[GeoStL] Re: Calling Garmin Today

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:21:48 -0600

-

Well, I have the CS not the CSX, but some times when I have problems with
theelectronic compass it is because it has somehow gotten turned off. Other
times, doing a recalibration fixes it. I notice it most when I have turned
the unit off, moved a fair distance, then turn it back on. Not sure how the
compass gets turned off though. I know that if you go a certain speed, it
ignores it and uses position displacement to determine direction.

Anyway, when it looks funny to me, I check to be sure the compass icon says
it is turned on, then do the "calibration dance", and after that it works
fine.

tnands wrote: - We have the "Arrow doesn't move" issue on the 60csx. It
occasionally chooses to play "opposite day". Rather annoying. As you appear
to be walking towards a cache or waypoint, in the direction of the arrow,
thedistance to the cache becomes greater. However, if you turn around (and
the arrow remains pointing in the same direction) then you're ok. Confused,
but ok. If it were mechanical you'd think a little shake or smack would help
it. As it is that just makes me feel better. I know I've read this before
either here on the gc.com forums... now I can't find it. It's all rather
frustrating. Has anyone sent theirs back for this problem? Nancy

--- Links ---
   1 //www.freelists.org/list/geocaching
   2 http://tinyurl.com/87cqw