[GeoStL] Re: Buxley's Geocaching Waypoint Website

  • From: Mike Tollefson <mbtoll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 06:22:37 -0800 (PST)

-
I've had too many problems with GC.com maps and have frequently seen
missing caches on the map (not just now).  I can always visualize them
by hitting identify and looking at the numbers.  What a hassle and I
never really liked Buxley's either.

That's why now I do all of my map visualization using mapping software.
 I use Mapsource (which came with my GPS).  I can easily see
everything, zoom, pan on the fly, etc.  I know many of the cachers on
the list use other (better) mapping software. Almost any mapping
software is better than GC.com maps(even when the caches show up!)

Mike (tollybrew)