[GeoSTL] Re: Any interest in this?

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 17:48:44 -0700 (PDT)

Neat idea Rich ...it sure would make the drives a bit
more interesting if we had a few out of the way places
to see....I receive a magazine similar and it is a
neat way to browse the country and plan vacations and
trips. If you set it up I may have a couple of
locations for you....Hope you all had a great weekend.

Dan (Thunder)
--- GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On the SLAGA site we would have a link called
> "Interesting Waypoints", for lack of a better name.
>
> It would contain the coordinates and a short
> description ( and maybe a picture) of an interesting
> or unique place. It probably wouldn't justify as a
> cache location or a virtual cache, but might be
> something worth seeing while on a drive or looking
> for caches in a certain area.
>
> I was thinking of abandoned or closed bridges,
> remains of old mills, springs, scenic views or
> formations, good swimming holes, off the beaten path
> restaurants, a unique building or farm, and anything
> someone would like to share. Jefferson and Franklin
> County have lots of old mills and bridges on the
> Meramec and Big rivers. Those that live in St. Chuck
> and IL probably know about lots of places unknown to
> us city folk.
>
> Obviously the waypoint must be on public property or
> at least be visible from a public area.
>
> On days when it's too hot, too wet, or too buggy to
> cache, this would provide something a little
> different when going for a cruise or motorcycle
> ride.
>
> Just a thought.......
>
> Rich

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
Our NEW WebPage!   WWW.GeoStL.com
Mail List & Archive Info.
Msg. of the day, "These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the
hereafter...
I go somewhere to get something and then wonder what I'm here after.