[GeoSTL] Any interest in this?

  • From: GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GC-maillist <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 15:35:51 -0500

On the SLAGA site we would have a link called "Interesting Waypoints", for lack
of a better name.

It would contain the coordinates and a short description ( and maybe a picture)
of an interesting or unique place. It probably wouldn't justify as a cache
location or a virtual cache, but might be something worth seeing while on a
drive or looking for caches in a certain area.

I was thinking of abandoned or closed bridges, remains of old mills, springs,
scenic views or formations, good swimming holes, off the beaten path
restaurants, a unique building or farm, and anything someone would like to
share. Jefferson and Franklin County have lots of old mills and bridges on the
Meramec and Big rivers. Those that live in St. Chuck and IL probably know about
lots of places unknown to us city folk.

Obviously the waypoint must be on public property or at least be visible from a
public area.

On days when it's too hot, too wet, or too buggy to cache, this would provide
something a little different when going for a cruise or motorcycle ride.

Just a thought.......

Rich