[GeoStL] And Lunar Eclipse RE: Re: NCR Did anyone else see the flash in the sky?

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 17:34:40 -0600

-
On the news tonight, they indicated one possibility is space junk such as
part of the satellite China shot down.  But they said it was most likely a
meteorite.  I was happy to find out my initial reaction of a plane crashing
was wrong.

Speaking of this sort of thing,

Here are the calculations I have done for the Full Lunar Eclipse on March 3.

It will be pretty neat to see the moon rise when it is in a total eclipse.

3:34 Partial Eclipse Begins
4:48 Total Begins
5:18 Moon Reaches Full
5:24 Maximum Eclipse
5:52 Moon Rise
5:53 Sun set
6:00 Total Eclipse Ends
7:13 Partial Ends

The moon will be rising from almost due East.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"