[GeoStL] Re: A suggestion for future 101's (and any other introductory events) and a question too.

  • From: Sara Carter <beancounter2b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 17:00:03 -0700 (PDT)

I would tend to agree with Dan.  I think uniform name tags would be a good idea
(they could still be done in a way such that they could be reused/erased as
spiritwing suggested earlier.  Using buttons might tend to take away from those
who use personalized buttons as their signature items. Which reminds me I've
been wanting to ask about such things, time to go start a new thread, hehe.

Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a personalized button that I leave in each cache as my signature item
and while it could be used for identification it does not have my real first or
last name on it.
Also I think it would be a bit confusing unless they were all made to be
uniform as each would be a bit different. IMHO name tags would probably be
better

Dan (Thunder)

Jim Everman <everman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-
> I had brought name tags for all of us to wear, but with setting everything
> up, talking and answering questions, it just didn't get done.
>
> Thanks for pointing it out and we WILL do that for the Oct. 23rd session.
> Everyone had nametags at the last 2 or 3 picnics, and it really does help to
> put a name with a face.
>
> Rich

There is someone in the group that told me he makes buttons and sells
them at Ham meetings. I'd bet he'd be glad to make personalized
buttons with some SLAGA logo and a name. Or not - which is why I left
off his name. :-)

Geo Jim

Jim Everman mailto:everman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject field