GA / Habitat for Humanity Update

  • From: "Steve Bogner" <sbogner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ganews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:23:15 -0500

This message was generated by the GA News mailing list, for members of Guardian
Angels School and Parish.

We continue making good progress on our Habitat for Humanity homes on =
Eastern Ave. On Terry Adams' home (4361 Eastern) we are about halfway =
done with vinyl siding on the outside and almost complete in drywall on =
the inside. On Marcia Ragland's home (4359 Eastern) we are completing =
interior framing and getting ready for drywall and vinyl siding. We hope =
to have Terry's home completed in January, followed closely with =
Marcia's home in February.

The homes are really looking good - just back in September all we had =
was an empty lot! Three months later - using volunteer labor on the =
weekends - we have two homes nearing completion. Our web site - =
www.bogners.com/ehcc - has all the latest info on our project plus =
pictures of the construction process. It's still not too late to =
volunteer for the project! You can sign-up online at the web site.

GA received special recognition at Cincinnati Habitat's annual dinner. =
Our parish supported the current Habitat project with 60 volunteers - 5 =
of them in leadership positions on the project - and $12,000 for =
funding.

We are also planning for our 2003 project. We hope to secure a lot in =
Newtown and build two homes there next year. These would be the first =
Habitat for Humanity homes built in Newtown. Our first priority for next =
year's project is to raise the funds - we need $56,000 to fund one home. =
Once we raise that, Cincinnati Habitat for Humanity will fund the other =
home. Our funds come from member churches, past and present donors, and =
area businesses. If you want to help with fundraising or anything else =
with next year's project please give me a call (388-9663) or email =
(sbogner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx). Descriptions of all our volunteer opportunities =
are on the web site - click on the 'Volunteer' button.

Steve Bogner
Chairperson, Eastern Hills Coalition of Churches, and
GA Parishioner
(without the quotes).

Guardian Angels School website: http://www.gaschool.org
Guardian Angels Parish website: http://www.gaparish.org