[GameTalk] pipe2 problem

  • From: Jack F <mymonkeyboy2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gametalk <gametalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 09:07:31 -0500

Hi Raymond,
This is why I don't use antivirus programs anymore. I actually used to
use macathy virus scan on my old xp machine. It kept deleting files,
it caused problems with certain programs I ran, and caused major
problems with games. With almost all of those games, when I'm playing
them, every now and then it would freeze and then come back up again.
It would also become slugish after extended play. And I found out that
it was my virus program that had false detections for those games. So
when I switched to windows7, we told him to remove nortan or any other
virus scan that came with it so that games could run smoothly. And he
did so it wasn't a problem anymore. So tell your friend never to use a
virus scan or to always disable it before running games. Or if she
wants to use one, she should try avira antivirus, it has no false
detections. And the same problem that you were talking about did
happen to me once. For me all I had to do is reinstall and it was
fine.
best regards,
jack