[gameprogrammer] witcher 3 camera system in unity3d

  • From: Roger Durañona Vargas <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 11:48:38 -0400

I want to implement a TPS camera system, but more similar to The Witcher 2/3 or Mass Effect cameras. The traditional and widely documented system, sets the camera on a point behind the character, this camera is rotated when the character is rotated, keeping it looking forward. The system I want uses a free look camera, with the character being rotated in the direction the camera is looking when it starts walking. I havent been able to find a tutorial about this and the Unity3d forums are blocked for me. Can somebody suggest me some detailed guide? Im a novice with Unity and my math skills are not advanced.

--
Roger Durañona Vargas
http://arkanum.cubava.cu/